The Monadnock Area Transitional Shelter offers safe, comfortable housing for families, couples and individuals as they move from homelessness to home.
In the past year 100% of the guests who completed our program have moved on to permanent housing.
Learn more about the People We Serve with stories from past guests
Monadnock Area Transitional Shelter
A Home for People in Transition
TOGETHER, LET’S BUILD A COMMUNITY WHERE EVERYONE FINDS A HOME.
The Mission of MATS is to
- provide transitional housing
- support and referral services to people who are homeless
- to educate our community on issues of homelessness
- and to advocate for solutions.
- Give Back Bags at Shaws for MATS
- Candlelight Vigil for Homeless Persons Memorial Day & Stone Soup Night 2019
- Giving Tuesday for MATS
- MATS Appeal Fall 2019
- HHAW Event: Collection box for Peterborough Food Pantry
- HHAW Event: Ongoing Events
- HHAW Event: Collection box for MATS
- HHAW Event: Movie: A Place at the Table
- HHAW Event: Community Breakfast at PUMC
- HHAW Event: Community Harvest Supper
- HHAW Event: HHAW at Peterborough Holiday Stroll
- HHAW Event: Movie: What Does Homelessness Look Like?
- HHAW Event: Community Supper at UU
- HHAW Event: Book Discussion Group: Evicted
- HHAW Event: Community Supper at All Saints
- HHAW Event: Lights of Love Tree Lighting Ceremony
- HHAW Event: Movie: Broken Places
- HHAW Event: Community Supper at UCC
- HHAW Event: Second Annual Candlepin Classic Fundraiser
- HHAW Event: HHAW at Conval Craft Fair