MATS Annual Community Report
Although the problem of homelessness remains persistent in the Monadnock Region, thanks to your support, for the past 29 years, we at the Monadnock Area Transitional Shelter are proud to have provided hundreds of families with a safe and secure place to call home. Because of ongoing community support, we have been able to help families access housing services and transition into permanent and independent living situations. Our Program Manager provides our guests with connections to resources such as job training, child care, and counseling, so that when they leave MATS, they have the day-to-day skills and support they need to avoid recurring homelessness.
While assisting individuals and families in our region, over the past year MATS has continued to strengthen its mission and outreach as follows:
• We served seven families at our apartment house; 24 people – 8 adults and 16 children from infancy to 17 years.
• We had 275 inquiries from individuals and families looking for housing or housing resources. These included town welfare agencies, family members, therapists, counselors, school social workers, drug and alcohol programs, hospitals and others.
• Families served were from the following towns: Antrim, Greenfield, Milford, Peterborough and Wilton.
• We worked with 12 previous guests and families to help stabilize their housing situations, with the primary goal of preventing recurring homelessness.
• Our Program Manager, as part of our homeless prevention program, had 124 meetings at The River Center, where she provided weekly housing-related counsel. These services include assistance with completing Section 8 and affordable housing applications and supporting tenants in accessing resources related to financial management and rental issues.
• The MATS information and outreach news column, written by former board member, Hope Pettegrew, appears monthly in the Monadnock Ledger-Transcript.
• MATS sponsored the annual Candlelight Vigil on December 21 in conjunction with National Homeless Memorial Day to remember the people who died in New Hampshire due to homelessness and related hardship.
2018 Financial Impact
• Total Income: $110,053.00
• Total Operating Expenses: $114,229.00
• We raised operating funds through a fundraising campaign and received $58,141.00 in individual gifts.
• We received grants from C&S Wholesale Grocers, Agnes Lindsay Trust, Indian RiverCommunity Foundation, Madeline Von Weber Trust, Cochran and King Family Trust, Walmart Foundation, and Getz Charitable Trust totaling $39,750.00.
• Through the generosity of our community at large, which included donations from churches, agencies, families and individuals, we helped our guests have a bountiful Christmas.
SOLID FOUNDATION UP TO $99
Anonymous (1) • Ernest & Nancy P. Adams • Sandra Albom • Mimi Atwood • Carol Bader • Louis & Marie Bakanowsky • Gwyn Baldwin • Karen Bannister • Ruth L. Benedict • R.A. & Bonnie Benoit • Bill & Stephanie Brock • Heather Mundahl & Mara Bryand • Maribeth Buchanan & Diane Champagne • Ken & Diane Callahan • The Caracappa Family • Barbara Carney • Anna Carter • Mark & Michelle Carter • June Chandler • Dianne Chatfield • Bill Chatfield & Yvonne Gifford • Jennifer & Paul Christensen • Tim & May Clark • Nancy C. Clarke • Joseph’s Coat • Barbara Coffin • Ray Cote • Brad & Carol Cox • M. Diane Creeley • Anthony & JoEllen Dambrosio • Arlene A. Dart • Shirley Despres • Martha Duffy • Sandy Eneguess • European Esthetics, Inc. • Bill & Carol Eva • Chris & Neil Falcone • Sarah Farr • Catherine Fogg • Mr. & Mrs. John Forsyth • Shirley Franchi • Melissa & William French • Willard Goodwin • Mary Carol Grip • Jon & Beth Grosjean • William & Margaret Gurney • Mike & Victoria Haley • Haley’s Service Center, LLC • Elizabeth & John Halper • Robert Hanson • Jean B. Herron • Patricia G. Hoffman • Melissa Spencer & Erik Hood • Thomas & JoAnn Hopkins • Jeffrey & Susan Howard • Janet P. Hrasky • Joel & Anne Huberman • Kathryn Ingle • Nancy & Guy Jackson • Karen Johnson • Edward & Claire Juengst • Kevin & Sandra King • Ted & Beverly Leach • Jack & Ellie Lesser • Susan Lindquist • Richard & Karen Loudon • Joni & Scott Macgarvey • Michelle & William Mahony • David & Louise Malcolm • Brian & Kathleen Manfre • Jennifer Marshall • Tricia Rose Burt & Eric A. Masterson • Ann Hayashi & John Matthias • Mary Elizabeth McClellan • Deb McWethy • Lisa Murray • Byron & Cynthia Niederhelman • William Owen • Allison Randall • Peter & Suzanne Read • Janet G. Reilly • Ronnie Reiman • Deborah Rodenhiser • Lisa Rogers • Beth Krommes & Dave Rowell • Patricia Russell • Richard & Holly Sanders • James & Faye Sargent • Gail Sawyer • Phyllis Scott • Dr. Charles J. Seigel • Ken Sheldon & Chris Halvorson • Lucy Shonk • Sharon Smith • Lida Stinchfield • Judith Stout • Susan Stover • Summerhill Assisted Living • Annagreta & Glen Swanson • Elizabeth Thomas • James & Laura Trowbridge • Mary & Stephen Ware • Dolores M. Webb • Patricia Wheeler • Noel & Johanna White • Ruth & John Wilson
WELCOME MAT $100 TO $499
Anonymous (3) • Stella Abbot • John Adams • Harv & Doreen Ames • Bev & Ben Bacon • BAE Systems Employee Matching Fund • Jeannette & Lee Baker • Cecily Bastedo • Philip Russell Bastedo • David Baum & Teresa Reeves • Sarah Dengler & Mark Beal • DeAnna & Fred Beetcher • Amedine Bella • Matthew Belletete • Belletetes, Inc. • David & Louisa Birch • David Blair • Carl & Linda Blicker • Jennifer Bligh • Ronald & Jane Bowman • Brady’s Bar & Grill, Inc. • Donald & Patricia Briggs • Don & Cyndy Burgess • Daniel & Moira Burnham • Andrew & Kathleene Card • Peri Chickering • Colleen Clark • David & Barbara Clinkenbeard • Kitty Cloud • Cochran & Klug Family Fund • Danis Collett • Mary J. Connolly • Cooper’s Hill Public House • Beth Ann & Swift Corwin • Gerald & Karen DeBonis • Marsha Dixon • Dr. & Mrs. Michael Hunter Doherty • Christine Dunn • Edwin Durrett • Emmanuel Church • Rod & Ann Falby • Nancy Faulkner • Bryan & Linda Field • Laura Gingras & Dave Fish • Lisa & George Foote • Dr. Richard & Mrs. Jean Frechette • Stephen & Tricia Froling • Jane F. Garry • Carol & Stephen Gehlbach • Nathanael B Greene Jr. • Cyrus & Joyce Gregg • Grove Street Fiduciary, Inc. • Peter & Carol Hamilton • Henry H. Hammond • Rick & Patti Hance • Peter & Ann Harrison • Joe & Lin Hart • Robbie & Paul Hertneky • Ann-Marie & David Irwin • Karen Clement & Richard Jordan • K.A. Electric, Inc. • John Kerrick • Elizabeth A. Kerwin • David M. Lang • Patricia Lange • Augusta F. Law • Raymond & Susan LeClair • Denise Frankoff & Kenneth Levin • Jack & Mary Liz Lewis • Mary M. Lindstrom • Mary Loftis & Paul Tuller • Paul & Colette Lucas • Charlton & Diana MacVeagh • David A. Macy • Howard Mansfield & Sy Montgomery • Dr. William & Lauren Martin • Margaret K. McCormack • Scott McGovern & Peggy Brown • Monadnock Community Hospital • Julie Barker Middleton • Clark & Esther Miller • Eugene Mitchell • Dennis & Sharron Monaghan • Priscilla Moore • Michael & Gloria Morison • David & Margaret Nelson • Network for Good • John Newman & Margaret Walsh • Board
of Outreach Dublin Community Church • Linda & Ronald Pasekoff • Richard Pendleton & Sage Wheeler • David & Dorothy Penny • Linn Perkins • Mrs. Augusta Petrone • Bob & Hope Pettegrew • Mr. & Mrs. James Pizzagalli • Phyllis E Porter • Caryl & Vinnie Procita • Rindge Police Police Association, Inc. • Phil & Cathie Runyon • John Schenk & Julie Flood Page • Steele’s Stationers • Mrs. Judy Stockwell • Lewis & Eve Stone • The First Chuch in Jaffrey • The Hancock Womans Club • The Staff at the MacDowell Colony • Anne C. Thompson • Anne D. Twitchell • Scott Tyle • Union Congregational Church, Women’s Fellowship • United Methodist Women • W.S. Badger Company, Inc. • Linda N Walsh • Richard & Josephine Warner • Peter & Karin Wells • Thomas & Beverly Westheimer • Wilder Plumbing & Heating, Inc. • Rosalys B. Wilson • Fletcher & Holly Wilson • Yankee Publishing Incorporated • Dr. William Yoe
FRONT ROOM $500 TO $999
Bodyworks at Depot Square, LLC • Eleanor Briggs • Community Church of Francestown • Sarah Steinberg Heller • Susie Hunter • Charles H. & Marcia Krause • Dr. John Willis • Virginia Lee Miller • Nicholas & Madelyn Morris • Dorothy D. Peterson • Ben & Ann Putnam • Roger Reville • Mr. & Mrs. Taylor Sage • The Gilbert Verney Foundation • Leonard & Phyllis Tichy
FAMILY ROOM $1,000 TO $1,999
Anonymous (2) • Ms. Susan Chollet • Brian Ewing • Robert & Paula Fox • Stan & Cheryl Fry • Robin Hulbert & Shelley Goguen Hulbert • Morison & Smith Family Fund • Janet Udall Schaefer Trust • Bruce “Gib” & Jeanie West
RAISING THE ROOF $2,000 TO $9,999
Citizens Bank & Getz Charitable Trust • The Agnes M. Lindsay Trust • The Serendipity Shop of All Saints Parish • Elsie Procter van Buren Foundation • The Madelaine G. Von Weber Trust
STARS & BEYOND $10,000+
Anonymous (1) • NH Charitable Foundation
GENEROUS GIFTS WERE MADE IN MEMORY OF OR IN HONOR OF THE FOLLOWING
In memory of Steve Millard • In memory of Barbara and John Mitchell • In memory of Kathy Mottau
• In memory of Nancy Perkins • In memory of Ursula Willis • In honor of Andrea
• In honor of Ernie Belletete and his retirement from the Peterborough PD
• In honor of Sarah Steinberg Heller • In honor of Jamie Trowbridge for his service on the MCH Board
MATS is very grateful for your philanthropic support! We are completely funded by generous contributors like you, who allow us to continue to provide housing and guidance to those in need. Thank you for making possible our work with families in transition from homelessness to home.
Inspired to donate? Visit our website to learn more and make a monetary donation online at www.MATSNH.org. Donations may also be mailed to MATS, P.O. Box 3053, Peterborough, NH 03458. To donate household items, please call 603-924-5033.
Please also consider subscribing to our monthly email newsletter, which includes news, events, Hope Pettegrew’s monthly column, and acknowledgement of the many community organizations that help us achieve our goals.
2019 MATS Trustees: Peter Harrison, President; Mary Loftis, Vice President; Jane Bowman, Treasurer; Denise Frankoff, Secretary; Ernest Belletete; Julie Flood Page; Melissa French; Toni Gildone; Bob Marrone; Lee Ann Moore; Lisa Rogers; Bruce Simpson
To request shelter: Call the MATS office at 603-924-5033; email firstname.lastname@example.org; or contact your town’s welfare officer. For emergency shelter, dial 211.
MATS is a 501(c)3 organization and all gifts are tax deductible.