Monadnock Area Transitional Shelter
A Home for People in Transition
TOGETHER, LET’S BUILD A COMMUNITY WHERE EVERYONE FINDS A HOME.
The Mission of MATS is to
- provide transitional housing
- support and referral services to people who are homeless
- to educate our community on issues of homelessness
- and to advocate for solutions.
The Monadnock Area Transitional Shelter offers safe, comfortable housing for families, couples and individuals as they move from homelessness to home.
In the past year 100% of the guests who completed our program have moved on to permanent housing.
Learn more about the People We Serve with stories from past guests
MATS is pleased to announce that ten students, Kindergarten through Eighth Grade, received cash prizes and certificates for their submissions to a recent poetry contest. Participants were asked reflect on the subject of “home,” and their poems are a moving testimony to the importance of a safe and secure place to live, especially during the past year.
Following are the winning poems in two age groups:
“Home” by Brooke, Grade 3, Hancock and “Home” by James, Grade 4, Antrim
Other winners are: Skye, Grade 2, Hancock; Anna, K, Temple; Katence, Grade 3, Bennington; Paisley, Grade 3, Swanzey; Madyson, Grade 6, Swanzey; Maxx, Grade 6, Sharon; Georgia, Grade 8, Dublin and Rutvij, Grade 1, Jaffrey.
- Bellows-Nichols Agency and Co-operative Insurance Companies Community Grant
- Morision/Smily Family Fund of the NH Charitable Foundation
- Henry L. and Patricia J. Nielsen Charitable Foundation
- Giving Tuesday, December 2020
- Lights of Love 2020
- The Welcome Mat September 2020
- MATS Appeal Fall 2020
- The Welcome Mat July 2020
- MATS Presentation for 100+ Women Who Care Monadnock
- Join MATS for NH Gives 2020
- School Meals at Home – Pandemic EBT through NHEasy
- Pizza Night Fundraiser
- The Welcome Mat May
- MATS Annual Report 2019
- NH Gives with MATS
- The Welcome Mat April
- Resources for Locals from the Eastern Monadnock Provider Network Meeting
- MATS Responds to Urgent COVID19 Need with Shelter and Support for Families in Transition, Joining #GivingTuesdayNow
- Lockdown update from MATS
- The Welcome Mat March